Position: Acacia Accounting – Managing Director
Location: Kigali, Rwanda
Acacia Accounting Associates, Ltd. is seeking an intelligent, motivated, entrepreneurial and technically sound Managing Director for full-time employment. The successful candidate will report to the Board of Directors of Acacia Accounting and will be accountable to the Board for the overall performance of the firm. In this position, the Managing Director will be responsible for say-to-day operations of the firm, cash flow management, people management, client relations and business development, as well as manage monthly tax filings and bookkeeping for 1-2 portfolio of clients. He/She will be responsible for promoting the vision and mission of Acacia Accounting through the continuous delivery of high quality accounting services.
- Client Engagement: The Managing Director is expected to serve as a secondary relationship manager between the client and the firm’s primary point of contact (the accounting manager for the engagement) for all engagements.
- Client Management: The Managing Director will be overseeing all client care work ensuring that all client of Acacia are satisfied with the firm’s service. The Managing Director will also manage the client relationship and will be the “face” of the firm and is expected to continually build the firm’s network.
- Team Leadership: The Managing Director will be the leader of the firm and its staff. The Managing Director will set direction for the team, meeting agendas and overall company activities. The Managing Director will be responsible for creating an environment encourages strong individual performance, integrity and a client-focused character.
- Internal Projects: The Managing Director will create and manage all internal initiatives and firm building projects, which could include technical training, leadership development, client deep-dives and other areas of individual/company interest.
- General Administration: The Managing Director will lead basic administrative tasks contributing to the functioning of the business, including: managing client and requests, creation of proposals, engagement letters, accounting tasks, data collection, back-office toll creation, maintenance of company website and other administrative functions. The Managing Director will generate all financial and operational requested from the Board of Directors.
- Business Development: The Managing Director will also manage the client relationship and will be the “face” of the firm and is expected to continually build the firm’s network and reputation. The Managing Director will work with marketing and business development support from Acacia’s parent company, Karisimbi Business Partners, to set the company’s growth strategy. The Managing Director will lead all activities necessary to take a potential client from identification to negotiation and contract signing.
- Minimum of 5 years managerial experience in the accounting field
- Cross cultural experience highly desired; East Africa experience preferred
- Strong proficiency in Excel and financial/analytical aptitude and effective project management skills
- Demonstrated experience leading teams
- Highly effective communication skills
- Self-starter with demonstrated ability to succeed with low oversight and direction
- Demonstrates the ability to work in a team-focused environment
- Strong capacity for client relationship building
- Must have clear and professional written and verbal communication skills
- Client relations experience required
- Ability to analyze and document complex business processes
- Ability to make effective decisions under pressure
- Ability to think analytically and problem solve
- Ability to gather and interpret relevant data and information
- A Managing Director with Acacia Accounting would need to make at least a three-year “emotional” commitment to the position. This would not be a contractual obligation, but would need to be an explicitly communicated intention of the candidate.
To apply, please send your CV and a cover letter with references to [email protected]